Joe Monaco began his career in technology following a move to the South Florida in January 2000, where he was hired at MCI’s Boca Raton, Florida. As an Account Director Joe consulted with medium and large enterprise accounts, his discipline and execution of an aggressive go to market plan, quickly established him as both an innovator and natural leader.
Not long after his success at MCI, Joe Monaco was hand selected by Deltacom as Regional Manager. His challenge was to build a highly successful, profitable region from the ground floor. Joe succeeded in making the South Florida region the top performer in month over month revenue generation. By 2005, he was promoted to Regional Director, where he continued to exceed revenue goals and develop managers, setting an uncompromising standard. Finally, in 2006, Joe was promoted to Vice President, the youngest in Deltacom history. Within one year, under his leadership, his market became cash flow positive despite intense competition and a challenging business environment. Ultimately, Deltacom’s Florida region generated over $125 million in annual revenue by 2009. Deltacom was sold in 2010 to EarthLink for over $1 Billion.
Joe spent 3 years at Level 3 as Vice President/General Manager of the South Florida market with the express goal to rebuild the under performing region. Joe achieved the top market for overall revenue increase.
In 2013 Joe joined EarthLink as the Vice President for EarthLink’s Managed Services Group in Florida and the Gulf States. As a leader in the IT services his solution help drive the growth strategies in businesses specifically in the multi-location retail space by providing a consultative approach to help secure and protect the brand of his clients.
Joe is passionate about giving back to his community. He serves on many non for profit boards.
- Past Chairman of the Board and Executive Committee member for South Florida Technology Alliance a 20 year old non for profit organization that provides a collaborative connection for technology in South Florida
- In 2014 and 2015 Joe was recognized as the TECHWEEK 100 South Florida leaders who have had a significant impact on business and technology. http://www.southfloridatech.org/news-headlines/sfta-chair-nominated-to-techweek-100-miami-2015/
- 2016, 2017 IT Palooza Sponsorship Committee Chair
- 2016 and 2017 Broward County Schools Bond Oversight Committee.
- Level 3 Partner Cyber Security Advisory Committee